2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Credit card dialing (Outlook 2003)

I'm trying to use my calling card to dial contacts from the action menu. I had this set up and working OK, but had to install a new hard drive and can't figure out what's missing as I try to set it up again. I'm quite sure I have correctly entered the calling card steps, numbers & pauses. And my area code has some dialing prefixes that are long distance. In dialing rules, I show my area code for my location with a rule to dial area code for selected prefixes. In the "edit area code rule" window, I list those prefixes that are LD and have checked the "include area codes" box below. I've entered a couple long distance numbers in the speed dial. When I try calling them, my modem dials the 10 digit long distance number direct, ignoring the calling card. It seems there should be a place to select " use calling card". Anybody know what I'm missing?

Thanks

Re: Credit card dialing (Outlook 2003)

Outlook might not be providing access to the "Calling Card" tab of the dialing rules dialog for that connection. Try accessing it through the Network Connections panel (on my system, it's Start > Settings > Network Connections), select your connection, then Properties. Tick the box for using Dialing rules, and Edit your dialing rule with the card number.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Network connections shows my broadband cable connection and NetZero using my phone modem. I rarely use NetZero but it's there as a fall back in the cable is down. My modem isn't shown as a stand alone in network connections. Should it. And I don't see a tab to make the choice you suggest

Thanks

On the rare occasions when I used Outlook over a regular modem, I used a preexisting connection listed under Network Connections. If yours isn't there, then I'm not familiar with how you have it set up, sorry.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I now have the calling card dialing working ok, though not quite what it once was. When I replaced my hard drive and reinstalled programs, my WinFax Pro was ver. 10.02. I remembered a couple days ago that this neede to be updated to ver. 10.03 to work correctly with Outlook. After the update, the credit card dialing for LD calls works as it should. However, I could not get the credit card to dial LD calls that are in my area code by using the area code rules. I was able in the Edit Calling Card window to add the calling card dialing procedure to the Local Calls tab. Of course, if I tried dialing a local call that did not require dialing the area code, all those numbers would be dialed too and may not be accepted. I haven't tried that and would not have any reason to dial local calls from Outlook. I hope this is of value to someone else who might use the same programs