2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Pivot Table problem when updating (2003)

Hi All,
    I have a problem that relates to a pivot table when it updates. The sample data attached (Data Sample Pivot Table.xls) may help you understand my problem.
    Columns A to F is a pivot table based on data from a separate spreadsheet. Columns G to J are columns I have added next to the pivot table adding additional meaning to the data. The problem is that when I amend data which the pivot table is based on, the pivot table updates as it should (thanks to a macro supplied on this forum), but the columns I have added don

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Pivot Table problem when updating (2003)

If the additional columns contain formulas based on rows in the pivot table, you can use code to insert or delete rows as the pivot table changes, and update the formulas: see the thread starting at <post:=606,126>post 606,126</post:>. But if the data are added manually, it's virtually impossible to keep track of what should be changed. As indicated in <post:=606,785>post 606,785</post:>, it's best to modify the source data of the pivot table to include the extra data you need.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Pivot Table problem when updating (2003)

Hans - Thanks for your help once again. Looks like I am back to restructuring the original data.
    All the best.

Bill