Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Expanding all the +s in MMC (MMC 3.0, V5.1)

Is there a command or keystroke which would enable me to expand all the [+] entries in the left-hand pane of an MMC window, much like you could with the late-lamented File Manager in NT4?

It is so annoying to have to double-click on every [+] you see, then on all the ones generated by each expansion, and so on, if you are hunting down all possible settings in, for example, (Exchange) System Manager, and it would be v. useful to expand everything in one go.

Thanks

John
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Expanding all the +s in MMC (MMC 3.0, V5.1)

Try the <code><big>*</big></code> key on the numeric keypad.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Fantastic! This also works in Windows Explorer (but takes about two minutes, just for my C: drive...)

Looks like I'm going to have to read through List of the keyboard shortcuts which are available in Windows XP...

Thanks, as usual!

John
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Hello John,
    Ah, old shortcuts never dies.

This is not what you asked for, i.e. one command to expand all the entries, but a variant that can be useful and give you a little more control. (* when used in Windows Explorer can really take time.) By using Alt-* you expand all entries under your selection, one level in each branch at a time, each time you use it.