Silver Lounger
    Thanks

SendObject, TemplateFile (A2K)

I've seen this parameter and presume by specifying a path, a document can embedded in the message body.

I use a little snippet of code ie:

<pre> DoCmd.SendObject , , , email, , , Est & "/" & Supp & " AIRCON DEGAS-REGAS REQUESTED :- " & _
    "(Date - Time :- " & Now() & ")", Est & "/" & Supp</pre>

Which I am now being asked if the above contents be added in a form which we usually fill in manually.
    Can this be done ?, I would much prefer it to be in the message body as opposed to an attachment.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: SendObject, TemplateFile (A2K)

The TemplateFile argument can be used to specify a HTML file that will act as template, for example to include a company logo, etc. But you can't use this if you want to fill in information in specific places on a form, this won't work. SendObject only lets you specify the MessageText as a whole, not edit a form.

An alternative could be doing a mail merge to e-mail in Word, based on Access data. The form could be the basis for the merge document, with mail merge fields to fill in data from the data source.
    If necessary, the mail merge can be run from Access using VBA code.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: SendObject, TemplateFile (A2K)

Thanks Hans, I had misunderstood the concept of the parameter.

I'll look into the mail merge, I have a couple of examples here to play with.