Thanks

Re: form fields and where they live (outlook 2000)

I have only ever created user defined fields in the item I'm working on. (I suppose the advantage of defining them for the folder is that they might be already available to other items in the folder. The downside might be losing them when you move the form somewhere else...)

(By the way, you could edit your url to remove the double http:// from the beginning.)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

form fields and where they live (outlook 2000)

Hi all,

I am making a outlook form and have a question that someone here might know about.
    In my form Design view, I have a tab called (ALL Fields) this is where I define all the fields.

I would like to know more about selecting from, which is a drop down and has of different places I can define the fields.

can someone explain if I should define all my fields in the
    User-defined fields in this folder
    or
    User-defined fields in this item
    or
    something else.

I want this form to be versitile, it the way that if I need to update the form, and add more fields it will not corrupt older versions of the form in the folder.

any suggestions or wisdom would be great

I am reading a article in this site which is very good, but interested in anyones experiences.
    http://lhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/201438/en-us

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

In a Folder i have read the best way to make fields global to the folder,item,field picker, is to Use New button in properties dialog box in form desin mode for each field.

I have noticed though not all fields have been created like this in my form. all my fields are in the user defined item and not in the userdefined folder. Is there a way to add the fields that do not exist in the user defined folder so that they both are the syncronized? or does it matter?

I ask because i am curious if this will make picking fields for views and the communication of all fields in the view with the form.

I might be not understanding the field names and where they reside, so I ask,
    if my fields are in the user defined item and not in the folder is it Ok when I choose to show those certain fields from the user defined item or form in the folder view?

Thanks
    hope my question make sense

Thanks

Hi Jazzy, my experience with forms is too limited to know whether your question makes sense, let alone to be able to advise one way or the other. Hopefully someone else will chime in.