2 Star Lounger
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

No Printer Access (Access 2003)

I am having problems connecting to my network printer in Access 2003 from my laptop. I am able to print forms from within the database but when I go to view or preview a report, nothing happens and the tooltip for the Printer Icon says "no printer". Can you tell me where I can set the printer up within Access? The network printer works for all other applications but Access.

I look forward to your ideas here.

Regards

Jocelyn

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: No Printer Access (Access 2003)

Make sure that a default printer has been set in the Printers and Fax Devices control panel, and that the default printer is available. Unless you explicitly specify another printer for a report, Access tries to format a report for the default printer; if it cannot find a default printer, it refuses to open reports.

You can set a printer as default in the Printers and Fax Devices control panel by selecting it, then selecting File | Set as default printer, or by right-clicking it and selecting 'Set as default printer' from the popup menu.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans,

The bizarre thing is that it won't recognise the Default Printer when it is set to the HP LaserJet 1100 but when I change the default printer to my Canon i965 the reports work. There seems to be something wrong with the HP LaserJet. As I stated before, I can print other documents (Word or Outlook) on the HP but Access refuses to play the game!

Regards,

Jocelyn

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I don't have an explanation for that behavior. You could try deleting the LaserJet from the Printers and Fax Devices control panel, then installing it again.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yep I tried that one and also tried re-installing the driver for the Hp and still no joy! Thanks anyway.

Regards,

Jocelyn

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Take a look at the suggestions in the thread starting at <post:=603,189>post 603,189</post:>.