4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

OE and Yahoo (Win95, OE5.5)

I can download my Yahoo mail from OE. Can I compose and send messages from OE through Yahoo? I want to be able to do as much of my work as possible offline to minimize telephone charges using my DUN.

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: OE and Yahoo (Win95, OE5.5)

yes, as long as you have the smtp service set up properly - which you probably do if pop is working.

yahoo is one of many services that requires pop before smtp - meaning you need to check mail before sending. if sends fail, try again a couple of minutes later - without disconnecting. after recieving mail, you have approx 10-15 min to send.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, it works; however, the upload will consistently fail on the first try. The download works just fine. Why the problem on the upload? I am happy, but curious.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

it's "pop before smtp" - express tries to send before you've been authenticated by receiving. once you are authenticated, you can send for approx 10 -15 min. before authenticating again

Lounger
    Thanks

I had the same problem for a long time. I think what finally worked is changing the "Outgoing mail (SMTP)" in "Tools | Accounts | {accountname} | Properties | Servers" from that recommended by Yahoo to that of your ISP.