Star Lounger
    Thanks

Excel Year Display

I'm sure this is a simple question to answer - it's just that it's not easy to find answers in the MS help files and none of my reference books have the answer to this one.
    I'm somewhat new to using Excel 97 and need some help. I'm trying to create a spreadsheet of balances for a large number of accounts listing the amounts for several (up to 24) months at a time. The column headings for each column will be the month-year for the list of account balances. I've had no problem finding the cell format to select the month-year, however, I can't seem to find a way to change the year display to a 4-digit format (Month-YYYY). Can someone tell me how to make this change?

Thanks.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Excel Year Display

Format, Cells; select Custom (at the bottom of the list) and under "type" enter "yyyy"
    Subway Belconnen- home of the Signboard to make you smile. Get (almost) daily updates- follow SubwayBelconnen on Twitter.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for your quick and perfect response. [img]/w3timages/icons/grin.gif[/img]

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Select your cells than go to Format / Cells. Select the Number tab and choose Custom in the Category box (at bottom). Enter mmmm-yyyy in the Type input box. This should do exactly what you've specified and add that format to your custom list.