New Lounger
    Thanks

Extra sheet in mail merge (2002)

I don't use word much and I can't figure out why I always get an extra sheet between.

I an putting names and dates on time cards and have made a document the size of the time cards. Everything works well except for the extra sheet between each time card. I have attached a copy of the document..

This has to be a simple thing that I just can't see.

Hope someone can help

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Extra sheet in mail merge (2002)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

Your document has a custom page size. Make sure that this is not larger than the actual size of the time cards, otherwise Word will print each page on two sheets, even if nothing is actually printed on the second one. You could experiment by making the height of the page somewhat smaller.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the idea but I shortened the document and it is still doing the extra sheet. I tried printing on letter size paper and got the same thing.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

When I try a mail merge with your document (changing the data source, of course), I get one sheet per record. There was something strange, however - the first time I tried it, Word crashed. so perhaps there is something wrong with the document. You can try deleting the mail merge fields, browse for the data source again, then reinserting the mail merge fields. (Do this in a copy of the document).