2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Firefox dies (XPSP2, FF 2 beta 2)

Any else seeing this? FF working fine except it will become unresponsive with hourglass icon working. Have to kill the process to stop it, then restart. 2 times out of 3 it recognizes it was closed short and offers to reload the pages. Can't identify a common factor, such as number of tabs open, what I was doing right before, etc. Occured with beta 1, too. Very annoying, I'm ready to dump it for another browser. Was using FF 1.x succesfully for some time/

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Firefox dies (XPSP2, FF 2 beta 2)

It is not unusual to get problems with beta software, the issue may be resolved with the release version of Firefox 2 which is due out on Tuesday

In the meantime you can see if anything helps at Firefox hangs - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

Issues with Firefox are frequently related to problems with your profile. I recommend creating a new profile to see if that solves your problems, see Create a new Profile
    If you create a new profile you can migrate settings to the new profile
    (In case you are not aware of profiles, it is the area where Firefox stores user data such as bookmarks, passwords, extensions etc...)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

All I can say is that I sure hate to see you dump an excellent browser because of problems in a beta version. Hang in there and see what happens...

Thanks

Auggie,

I can only echo what Big Al says. If you can't wait for the release of the final version, as Tony suggests, at least upgrade to Release Candidate 3. I've had a lot of success with it.

Cheers,
    Regards,
    PaulB

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Got the final release and the problems have disappeared. Thanks, all, especially TonyE for the wealth of resources.