4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Retrieving images from a Word Document (any)

Someone has sent me some photos that I need, but has put them into a Word document. How do I get them out?

I tried right clicking and selecting Copy. I then
    a) tried pasting it straight into the driectory that I wanted - but it appeared there as a "scrap" object, and then
    [img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] pasting the copy into Paint. That time I ended up with very poor resolution and an unsuable image.

What else can I try?
    I would prefer that the person had just sent me the images as files. I may just have to go back to them and make that request.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Retrieving images from a Word Document (any)

Try saving your document as a web page (.htm). Word should create a subfolder with a name ending in _images in the same folder where you save the .htm file. This subfolder will contain all images from the document as separate files. If the quality of these files is (too) low, it'd be best to ask the sender to send you the original images, if available.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Retrieving images from a Word Document (any)

Thanks, Hans

I'll try that.

I do want the images for a web page, and had just copied and pasted it into my web page using Frontpage. But the rendering of it on line did not show the photos. The images did not upload very well. They are large images, and I want to make thumbnail versions of them first.