Thanks

Adding other things to mail folders (OL 2003)

I've got a folder in Outlook I call Bulletin where emails go about the church news Bulletin I edit. When I am compiling the next month's edition, I go through the emails there and make use of the various contributions people send me.

Is there any way of adding things other emails to such a folder? For instance someone has just sent me a text message (SMS) asking me to mention an event. I've written a Note in Outlook with the details, but ideally I want something in the same folder that I won't miss, and I can't put a Note in there because it's a mail folder, it seems.

Or can I? (Or is there some other suggestion anyone could make?)

Ian

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Adding other things to mail folders (OL 2003)

When you create a new folder in Outlook, you have to specify the kind of items you want to store in it. You cannot just store other types of items in it later.
    You can create e-mails and either paste text into them, or attach files.
    Or create a folder in Windows instead of in Outlook. You can then store all kinds of files in it.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hans is correct, you can't mix item types within one Folder*, but if it helps, and conceptually works for you, you can create a Notes folder or Task folder as a subfolder of a Message folder. I sometimes create Notes folders as children of Message folders when I want to keep notes about a particular subject that I have ongoing activity about. For example I may have a Folder called "Customer X", with a child Notes Folder, and I keep Notes in there such as "mm/dd/yyy CFO requests review of profitability of customer X if we change such-&-such service". It's less useful with Tasks and Task folders, as the reminders do not fire outside the default Task folder (unless you get Ken Slovaks Extended Reminders add-in).

*Except meeting invitations and acceptances are a special form of Message that look like a Calendar Item.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Thanks

I might try that.

Ian