3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

ZA65_737_000 update?

Since I installed ZA 65_737_00 the problems which I had with earlier versions and "forced" me to go back to 61 were solved. I also included the DNS and DHCP server addresses in the Trusted Zone, thanks.

However, all of a sudden I saw a small ZA message saying something about "Busy updating", or something similar. I got the impression it had to do with ZA itself, but am not sure. Sorry to be so vague. Does anybody know what is actually happening?

Teunis

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: ZA65_737_000 update?

I haven't seen that one, sorry. According to the ZA GUI, we're still at that same 737.000 level too. The only thing "strange" that I've seen, and it happens VERY rarely so I've ignored it. Sometimes when I re-boot the computer a screen will popup saying that ZA is loading. It always disappears in a few seconds so I've not gotten concerned about it. When does your "busy updating" message show up - is at boot time or random other times?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Big Al,

I have seen your "strange" thing also. The "busy updating" occurred after I had installed ZA 2 days earlier, shortly after booting up. It may have to do with some final adjustments of the installation process. The same thing occurred on my other computer. So maybe it was indeed a once only thing.

Teunis

Thanks

You are not talking about the virus and/or spyware definitions updating window, are you? If set to update automatically, it could be running when you start up.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

No,

I was talking about the free ZA firewall. Sorry to be not clear. But indeed that was the message/window.

Teun

Thanks

OK - I'm running the full security suite here, but it sounds like ZA was doing a periodical product update check. There should be a setting somewhere, check to see if it is set to 'Automatic'. (I've just checked and the program update alert window is the same as the virus update one, so chances are you'll have the same too.)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, it's set to automatic. So that explains it. Thanks Leif.

Teun