2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: HELP (2003)

Perhaps records are being overwritten, rather than deleted.... it would explain why the autonumbers are consecutive.

I'd add two fields to each of your tables, DateLastModified (Date field) and ModifiedBy (Text). When the record is modified, I would store the date/time and the user ID, which may be captured through VBA.Environ("UserName"). For selected fields I would write the date/time, user ID, old field value, and new field value to a text file. If files are being overwritten, they would show in this log file.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

HELP: records disappearing (2003)

Subject edited by HansV to be more descriptive than 'HELP'

I doubt if anyone can really help on this one, but here goes. We have numerous databases on the network, and one by one people are reporting records missing. The databases themselves seem to be working. One has a weeks records missing (they have printed proof of these being entered), but the weird thing is, the log is autonumber, and the log numbers are consecutive. Even our IT department are at a loss as to what could have happened, so if anyone could suggest anything, it would be greatly appreciated.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: HELP: records disappearing (2003)

Are you going back to look in the tables to see that the records are not there, are are they just not turning up in the forms and reports that users see.?
    Regards
    John