2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Strikethrough on Toolbar (20003 SP2)

I have added the strikethrough icon to my formatting toolbar, and it does not work at all. I can strikethrough by going to font and selecting stirkethrough, but I need it to be a toggle like Bold, Italic, etc. I can get the double strikethrough to work correctly, but not the strikethrough. Am trying to setup an easy way for an attorney to use both strikethrough and highlighting. He is converting from WordPerfect and is a BIG reveal code user. He always uses reveal code to add and remove such tags as strikethrough and highlight. I think I might have the highlighting feature figured out for him as a workable solution, but can't get strikethrough to work as a macro or from the toolbar even though double strike through does.

Any ideas? Your thoughts are appreciated.
    Thanks much, Judy Crawford

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Strikethrough on Toolbar (20003 SP2)

In what sense doesn't it work? Doesn't the button do anything at all, or does it work only to turn strikethrough on, but not to turn it off?

Did you use the built-in button from the Format category, or a custom button?

(The built-in button works fine for me, it toggles single strikethrough on and off for selected text).

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm using the built-in button from the customize format commands, and it doesn't work at all. I can add it to a toolbar for instance the formatting toolbar, but it doesn't initialize when clicked. All the other buttons that work as this one should are shaded until they are turned off. Strike through just doesn't work. I tried creating a custom one by creating a macro with a keyboard command and it doesn't work either. Hope that answers your questions, Hans. I think it might be just my computer that isn't working correctly, but I can't figure out why. Thanks,

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

That sounds like there's something wrong with your Word. You shouldn't need macros or custom buttons for this. I'd try Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000),197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000)<!/post>.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,
    A bit off topic, but if Phil's excellent post is for Word XP and 2003 too, shouldn't that be reflected in the title too?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Good point. I'll edit the subject next time we assign a Star Post (if I do it now, it becomes the current Star Post).

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans, It was a corrupt normal.dot. I should have thought about that, but so it goes! Appreciate the tip and should remember to go to that step by step procedure cause it's helped me in the past with strange occurences. Judy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Just before awarding a new star post (to Rory), I removed the version info from the subject of Phil Rabichow's star post.