Star Lounger
    Thanks

Highlighting (Word 2003)

I am making Word templates and highlighting any text that may need to be changed (to bring it to the attention of the user).

I have noticed in the past that in some Word documents the highlighting disappears as you type in the highlighted area, and in other documents the highlighting remains after you have retyped in the highlighted text area. But I cannot figure out what causes the difference.

I'd like to make the highlighting disappear as users type in the highlighted area.

Can someone tell me the trick?

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Highlighting (Word 2003)

1) If overtype mode is off (the default):

If you click somewhere inside highlighted text, or select some text within highlighted text, then start typing, the text you type will be highlighted too.

If you click immediately before or after highlighted text, or if you select a complete piece of highlighted text, then start typing, the text you type will not be highlighted.

2) If overtype mode is on (press Insert to toggle overtype, or double click the Ovr indicator in Word's status bar):

If you click inside or immediately after highlighted text, or if you select some text within highlighted text, then start typing, the text you type will be highlighted too.

If you click immediately before highlighted text, then start typing, the text you type will not be highlighted.