SB100

Product Activation (FrontPage 2002)

I'm considering purchasing MS FrontPage 2002 (which I believe is the latest version) at my local computer store. I've read a lot lately on Product Activation through the new Office XP. Does anyone know if product activation is built into FrontPage 2002 if purchased individually at retail? Thanks.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Product Activation (FrontPage 2002)

I just purchased a stand-alone copy of FrontPage and yes it does requite activation. They do however allow you to install it on one desktop and one laptop

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

The only information that you need to supply for Activating FrontPage 2002 is the country in which you are located. All the other infomation requested is optional.
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

An interesting sidebar to this post is Microsoft's technical support policy regarding the installation of FP2002. In the past, in most cases, after you installed FP you could at least email them regarding problems with FP and get a response within a day or two. Not bad for non-critical problems.

I discovered, much to my dismay, shortly after installing FP that MS will only provide free support for problems directly related to installation. This means no more email support. You must pay for all support after the product has been installed!! I don't recall if they even provide email support (for a fee) at all. Really ticked me off, but underscores the importance of services such as this one in the future. We all have to stick together and share our knowledge.