4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Ejecting Zip Disk Crashes Excel (97)

Every time I eject a Zip disk, Excel 97 crashes. It is not a hard crash since it lets me save worksheets first and it does not lock up the computer. It does this if I right-click on the Zip icon and select eject or if I just push the eject button. (It's an older internal Zip drive.)

Excel 97 use to do the same thing when I would open my CD drive (with or without a CD in it) and the only way I found to fix it was to completely remove Office from my computer and reinstall it. (Reinstalling over the existing copy did not work.)

No other Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Access) are affected. (I don't use Outlook.) Any suggestions?

Ronny
    Ronny Richardson

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Ejecting Zip Disk Crashes Excel (97)

I haven't seen this before and I don't have a definite fix, but I will suggest one thing to try.

Go to Tool/Options and then click on the General tab. Check to two boxes at the bottom of the dialog box labeled "Default file Location" and "Alternate Startup file location." If either of those point to the ZIP drive, change them to another drive.
    Legare Coleman

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I thought of this but I have Excel configured to point to the D-drive and the Zip drive is configured as the S-drive.
    Ronny Richardson

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Try updating the ZipDrive driver files from the <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.iomega.com>http://www.iomega.com</A> website. Stating that though, you've probably already tried that approach.
    Christopher Baldrey