2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Office XP Apps (Office XP)

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem lately: About the last couple of weeks I've found that, when opening Word or Excel there's about a 7 to 10 second delay in seeing the program and/or file open. Meanwhile, Access and Power Point open in their usual 2 to 3 second timing. It's not a big issue but sometimes frustrating when opening and closing many Word documents during a certain period. Am I missing an important Microsoft patch or something else? And I have done a full computer scan using AVG Virus Checker, Spysweeper and System Mechanic 6.0. Thanks in advance for any info.
    BW

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office XP Apps (Office XP)

Nope. I have all recent updates to both Windows XP and Office XP, but I don't notice a delay.

Do you see 'Requesting virus scan' or 'Running virus scan' in Word's status bar when you start the application? There is a recent thread about this in the Word forum, without a resolution: <post:=607,565>post 607,565</post:>.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your info Hans but no, I don't notice anything in Word's status bar re Running a virus. I wondered if, for some reason, the "winword.exe" file may have been moved by malware or spyware and it takes longer for the shortcuts to find the proper .exe file. Perhaps you could advise me where it should be located when it's originally installed and I'll check. Thanks again.
    Bob W.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If the .exe file had been moved, shortcuts wouldn't find it at all. But if you want to check: the default location is C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice10.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks