5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

RIghtclick opening multiple files (XP Pro Sp2)

Hello, if I have two or more files selected in Windows Explorer and I bring up the right-click dialogue and select open, nothing is opened. Is this normal? I thought all the files selected would be opened? Thanks,

Chris (Hunt)

PS If I only have one file selected that is opened.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: RIghtclick opening multiple files (XP Pro Sp2)

No, it's not "normal" behavior. Do you have any utility or third party software running that might be causing this to happen? I'd start by disabling everything but the essentials and rebooting to see if the problem goes away. If it works with a clean boot, then you know to look for software conflicts.
    -Mark

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: RIghtclick opening multiple files (XP Pro Sp2)

Thanks Mark, after reading your post I managed to construct a Google Search that led me to a page with different solutions from different "sufferers". After reading this page I was quickly able to discover the culprit - "Creative Element Power Tools". If I enable Power Rename or Compare Files and Folders or Copy File and Folder Names to the Clipboard opening multiple copies of files doesn't work. I guess I'll write to them and see if they have any solution. At first, I was wonderring if I could have disabled multiple file opening myself and forgotten about it. I remember crashing my computer once when I tried to open multiple CorelDraw files. Rather than opening one instance of the program it opened a new instance for every file. I hardly ever try to open multiple files but was doing so today and came across the problem.

Thanks again,

Chris