Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Can Grow Feature (2003)

Should the Can Grow property work in a sub-form with the Datasheet or Continuous Form format? It doesn't seem to work in the sub-form I'm using where I'm simply displaying a text field from a table. When the field length exceeds the width of the text box on the sub-form, the text box doesn't expand downward (which I expected with the Can Grow property set), but the text simply extends beyond the right end of the box requiring one to move the insertion point to see the extended text.
    The field doesn't grow vertically in a report that also uses the same sub-form.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can Grow Feature (2003)

For a form, Can Grow (and Can Shrink) only work when it is printed, not when it is displayed on screen.
    For a report. Can Grow (and Can Shrink) work both when the report is previewed and when it is printed.

The section of the form or report containing the control should also have its Can Grow property set to Yes. If the Can Grow property of the section is set to No, the control has no room to expand.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

I've set every Can Grow property I can find in the report and sub-report, but the sub-report entries will not grow. I'll keep fiddling with it to see if I missed something, but so far no success.

thanks anyway.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

There is one (at least) restriction.
    Overlapping controls can't grow

So you need to be sure that there is definite gap between any controls you want to grow.
    Regards
    John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If John's suggestion doesn't help either, could you post a stripped down copy of your database? See <post#=401925>post 401925</post#> for instructions.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks to all for your suggestions. I've been tied up on other projects recently, but will try to get back to this one soon.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

It looks like the problem was that I had the subform property set to Datasheet view. Once set to Continuous the fields "grew" perfectly!