New Lounger
    Thanks

Setting Start AND End dates (2000)

I want to set a task to run for the entire duration of another set of tasks in my project. For example, I have a set of development tasks that roll up to a single "Develop application" and I want another "Manage Development" task that starts when the first "Develop application" subtask starts, and ends when the last "Develop application" subtask ends.

The only way I can find of doing this is to either use an "SS" condition with the first subtask and manually adjust the length of the management task so that it ends at the same time as the last subtask, or create an "FF" condition with the last subtask and make the same manual adjustment of the duration. Neither of these automatically responds to changes in the duration of any of the "Develop application" subtasks, which is what I want to happen.

Have I missed something in the application, or is this simply beyond Project's capabilities?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Setting Start AND End dates (2000)

If you have Develop Application on Level 1, then Manage Development on Level 2 under Develop Application, then have the subtask list on Level 3 under Develop Application then as the subtasks adjust both Summary tasks in Level 1 and Level 2 will adjust accordingly.

Carla

Thanks

Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you! That's exactly what I wanted to know.

Robin