Thanks

Re: Legal Pleading Header (Word 2003)

Sorry, but your file did not attach. This might be due to size (try ZIPping in the file) or using the Lounge's Preview feature. (You always have to re-enter the file name just before posting.)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I would be checking for:
    1. A section break which introduces a new page setup
    2. A floating frame (possibly a white box) which is pushing the content over because of text wrapping
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Legal Pleading Header (Word 2003)

I'm working on a template for our DA's office and have come upon a problem that I can't understand how to fix. I am attaching an excerpted file so you'll see what is happening. I have the legal pleading all set and it working OK, until one page where the margins change and everything shifts to the right. I can't see anything in page setup that would cause this. I've tried redoing the legal pleading, etc. to no avail. What am I doing wrong that the lines and everything would shift. I am sure I checked out odd/even issues. Thanks, and again this is just an excerpt of a much longer document. I've added the next all by pasting it in location. Your thought and ideas are most welcome.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks much, Judy Crawford

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

OK, I reattached the attachment. Think it was lost because I didn't do it before a preview. Thanks and will appreciate any help you can give me on this one. There is no section that I can see besides the ones I need I'll look for a white text box.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I opened your document, went to Page Setup, set the dialog box to apply to Whole Document and re-entered your margins, this seems to have fixed it.

StuartR
    Attached Files Attached Files

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks lots, I had been doing that, but applying it just to the section which didn't work. I realized after going down this trial that I was getting some leftover strange formats from a copy from WordPerfect that dealt with right margins. I continue the project, but was cognizant of margin settings and removed all special ones in WordPerfect before doing the copy and it worked like a charm. Again, thank to everyone....