Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: outlook 2003 (current)

I'm not sure what you tried, but the way I would do this is to right click the Outlook icon on my desktop, choose Properties (or Control Panel > Mail) and then click the Data Files button and Remove the no longer existant data file.

StuartR

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

OL looks for file on external drive (Outlook 2003)

Subject edited by HansV - "outlook 2003" wasn't very specific

I just converted from small business office 2000 to small business office 2003. I used an external USB drive to transfer data between old and new systems. I used this drive to transfer personal folders using a "pst" file. After a successful conversion I scratched the pst file used for the transfer.

Now that the conversion is complete - every time I start Outlook, it attempts to find the "pst" file on the external drive. Normally I keep the external drive powered down. I have had the following message from Outlook - regardless whether the drive is online or offline. "Personal file folders f:...pst could not be found" I respond and everything is ok.

I have tried everything I can think of to tell Outlook that everything is ok and that we don't need that file any more - to no avail. Actually at this point, if Outlook found a file - it would probably ascrew up changes that have been made to my personal file folders.

Does anyone know how to stop Outlook from looking for this file?

Thanks in advance

Tom

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Re: OL looks for file on external drive (Outlook 2003)

If the file shows up in your folder list right click it and select "Close ...".

Joe
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: outlook 2003 (current)

Thanks that solved the problem

Tom