2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Mulitple email accounts: (2000)

I just added a second email account in Outlook 2000. Now I want to have the incoming emails for the two accounts go to separate folders. Additionally, I want the outgoing email to reflect the appropriate account. Would someone please clearly and very specifically lay out the steps for accomplishing this?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mulitple email accounts: (2000)

I was able to eventually figure out how to do this using the Rules Wizard. Now I need some assistance with how to set up separate preferences for each account such as stationery, signatures, etc.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mulitple email accounts: (2000)

I can't answer all of your question but perhaps this will help: From the Inbox screen, selecting Tools/Accounts will let you define a Default email id (the Properties of which include a Sending or From email address).
    When you click New to create a new email message, it will create it using the email address defined by your Default email account as the sending entity. You can change the sending entity by selecting View/Options and Send Message Using (a drop-down list). This will change the From email address to that shown on the email Account selected. The default signature can also be changed on the Insert/signature tab (I don't really use this, but I see it is there).
    I do not use separate stationary so I can not answer that part.
    It seems to me that I/ we do not define stationary and signatures in the Account profile, so I suspect that changing the Send Message Using action will not also change the signature (even though it seems reasonable that it would/could). Hope this helps.
    RobG