3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Blocked hyperlink (Word 2003)

I have a document (not a protected form) regular word document with a hyperlink. I cannot get the control click to work. I get an error message as follows. "Opening blocked:https//....." Hyperlinks can be harmful to your computer and data........ Do you want to continue? I click on yes and try to open but it does not open.

Any suggestions? I tried to do a search on blocked hyperlinks but could not find anything.
    Melanie

Thanks

Re: Blocked hyperlink (Word 2003)

HTTPS links should work. Where is the document when you open it? If it's an Outlook attachment opening in the cache folder, it could be subject to special restrictions. If it was melded into an HTML message body (e.g., by using File>Send to), it could be a problem similar to one we recently had on generating an HTML newsletter from a Word document.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Blocked hyperlink (Word 2003)

It is on a network drive that I have read/write access to. I ended up deleting the link and just tried adding again and it worked this time. The link opens to a login page prompting for user id and password. Maybe the original link already had the user id and password entered?? Not sure but for now it is working. I tested on IE and Firefox and I do not receive the error message.

Thank you
    Melanie