2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Form Field--Repeating Entry Macro/Section Breaks (2003)

This question involves the same document I wrote about yesterday, Now I am trying to create form fields for information that is repeated multiple times throughout the 13 page document. What I'd really like to do is create it with document protection, and allow my users to tab through the document to places where information needs to be inserted. I would like the first instance of a field to be entered by the user, but have the next fields autofill with the information from the first. For example DEFENDANT may appear 15 times in the document, but I'd like them to only have to fill in the field once, the first time they see it. I know this can be done with a merge, but I'm trying to streamline the input process. That is remove some steps and make it more automatic. I can see where you can create bookmarks, and or run a macro for each field. But can't locate a resource that tells me how to create the macro to do what I want.

A second question, this is the legal pleading document from yesterday, and I've got sections between. components. How can I remove the last page or the section that was created for the last page, without having the legal pleading heading disappear for the prior pages. Seems that header information is stored in the following section.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks much, Judy Crawford

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Form Field--Repeating Entry Macro/Section Breaks (2003)

Use a text form field for the first occurrence of each item to be entered by the user.
    Double click each of these form fields, tick the check box 'Calculate on exit', and assign a unique bookmark name.
    Delete the subsequent occurrences of an item, and replace them with cross references to the bookmark: press Ctrl+F9 to insert field braces, type the bookmark name, then press F9 to hide the field code.

Set the header of the last section to 'Same as previous' using the Header and Footer toolbar. You can then delete the last section break.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Form Field--Repeating Entry Macro/Section Breaks (2003)

Thanks, Hans. It works like a charm, and is soon going to become one of my favorite things in Word! You've made me a hero and made my day!
    Thanks much, Judy Crawford