3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

xp-pro (current)

I just bought a new box which came with a 90 day copy of Norton Ghost(NG) and an already allocated recovery partition on hard drive. Been having problems with NG to behave and did an complete backup from the control panel - accessories - backup path. At the end of the backup (very much later) backup asked to create a boot disk. Since I neglected to buy a floppy drive (only have a dvd rw drive), had to bypass that option. Now I am looking at a 37gig bkf file on my c drive with possibly no way to utilize it. Since there is not a floppy - not sure the big bkf faile is worth the space it requires.

Is my reasoning correct - or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance

Tom

Thanks

Re: xp-pro (current)

I don't use Ghost but are you sure it doesn't allow you to create a bootable CD instead of a floppy?

Acronis true Image does and has kept up with the times by including CD boot disks. It would seem strange that Ghost doesn't also allow CDs. Unless they included an older version of Ghost with the included software pack.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: xp-pro (current)

Tom, I can't help with the Ghost questions either, but add an echo to Bob's comments about CD boot "disks" that should be possible. As you may know (heh, heh) if you do much reading here in The Lounge that Bob and I (and a number of other Loungers) much prefer a non-Symantec product. If the "90 day copy" thing means that you're gonna have to PAY the $70 bucks to buy it, I'd recommend Acronis TrueImage as an alternative.