Lounger
    Thanks

Replies add a recipient (2002)

I send e-mails to my boss, and often (but not always) when she replies to me only, another e-mail address appears in the To field next to mine. The other address is an alternate one for her, but not the one I sent the original e-mail to. Why is this happening, and how do we turn it off? :-)

Thanks

Re: Replies add a recipient (2002)

Hard to imagine any built-in features doing this. Could there be a rule on her machine to add the additional addressee?

Lounger
    Thanks

I did check her Rules (there were only three, all specifying e-mail through certain accounts go to certain folders). The circumstance seems to be when replying to my e-mails, and even then it's not 100 percent of the time.

Lounger
    Thanks

More information ... my boss tells me that when she hits Reply, it only shows my address in the To field. It isn't until it is sent that her alternate address ends up in the same field.

Lounger
    Thanks

After further investigation, I have discovered this phenomenon does NOT happen when she hits reply ... It's when she creates a new message or forwards, which means it's when she must enter my name in the field. But it doesn't happen all the time. Could it be a problem with the autofill feature? (I've realized this late last night/early this morning ... she's not in for me to check her computer, but I'd like to know what to look for with some degree of confidence before I go at it again.)

Thanks

Perhaps the autocomplete entry is corrupted? The usual techniques to clear this are:

(1) when the suggestion appears, arrow to it and press the Delete (or Del) key;
    (2) if that doesn't work, destroy the entire accumulated autocomplete file ( search here for .nk2 for more info).

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Wild shot. If you are on Exchange server, there's a chance that a server side rule is corrupted or stuck. From your boss' machine, in the Start | Run box, run the command:

outlook /cleanserverrules

Note space in front of slash character.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS