Star Lounger
    Thanks

Text marked with 'Do not check spelling or grammar (Word XP SP2)

I realize that there have been 3 posts regarding the above problem. However, none of them have addressed a possible solution to my current difficulties. I have a series of fields in a document. I have unchecked the "Do not check spelling or grammar" checkbox in the Language settings for the entire paragraph. However, when I update the fields by clicking on F9, one piece (just one) of the field results checks that box and I end up with misspelled words not being caught by spellcheck. I am attaching my little paragraph of fields. Could someone please take a peek and let me know if there is anything that I can do? I have these fields in a template that is based on my normal.dot. I also have several other paragraphs that have fields as well, but this is the only set that seems to want to misbehave. Thanks for any assistance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Text marked with 'Do not check spelling or grammar (Word XP SP2)

Apparently, an IF field is automatically set to "Do not check spelling or grammar" when it is updated. I don't think there is anything you can do about it except turning this off after updating the field(s), either manually or through a macro.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Text marked with 'Do not check spelling or grammar (Word XP SP2)

Hans. You are wonderful!!! I have been racking my brain and checking sites on the Internet and have come to Woody's Lounge as a last resort. (there is a bit of something there that makes me want to figure it out myself). Anyway, I am so very happy that you gave me the answer to this dilemma. I will see if there are other methods for accomplishing my fillins. I may just create a new template with VBA coding behind it and a Userform. Again, thanks so much!!!