Thanks

E-mail Accounts (Win98, 2002, 2003)

I need to know the best way to transfer E-mail Account settings between computers. I have a couple for Desktops & two notebook computers and need to be able to configure my 10+ E-mail accounts on each of these systems. Add to this I have an old Win 98 PC runing Outlook Express 6 that also needs to be configured.
    I have looked at the Export functions but there is no selection for E-mail accounts. In the past it has been a matter of multiple screen capture per account but this is far too slow and too complicated. I am looking for a Export routine, tool or to know which files contain the account configurations I have most recently downloaded and installed the pfbackup application refered to in other documents looking to backup a users account settings , but have not figured out how to run it.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: E-mail Accounts (Win98, 2002, 2003)

Some Loungers have had success with the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard, <!mskb=293118>Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 293118<!/mskb>.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Thanks

Thanks for the effort but, the only data I want tranfer the E-mail accounts files not everything. This MS info is for transfering everything.

Thanks

Outlook stores its account information in a protected part of the registry. You can export this information, but I'm not sure you could import it into a different registry, particularly on a different OS.

Anyway, this is an old problem, as you can see in this thread from March-April 2003: iaf files in email account (Outlook 2002). Perhaps one of the links there will help?

Thanks

For a more detailed explanation of how you can use Outlook Express to extract Outlook account information, see this article: How to Migrate Microsoft Outlook Xp/2003 Settings to a New Pc - WikiHow. Note that I haven't tested those steps myself.