Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Option buttons (Word 2000 >)

I am generating a little form using the Forms Toolbar. I would like to add option buttons for a user to make one choice from a selection. Iknow that there are option buttons on the Control Toolbox, but these are added as objects on top of the document and stay in one place when I scroll up and down in the document.

How can I use option buttons what become part of the page and move with text and scroll with the document.

TIA
    Regards,
    Rudi

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Option buttons (Word 2000 >)

The Forms toolbar offers only three controls: a text box, a dropdown list and a check box.

Select Tools | Options...
    Activate the Edit tab.
    In the 'Insert/paste pictures as:' dropdown list, select 'In line with text'.
    Click OK.

You can now insert an option button from the Control Toolbox in line with the text.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Tx. Thats done the trick in Word 2003.

I notice Word 2000 does not have the option, but I also notice that the option button move with the text, but its when you scroll using the bar, that it seems to disable the refresh option on the monitor, which causes the option buttonds to "stick" on the screen until you release the mouse button. So they DO move, but there is a refresh problem on it!

Tx Hans
    Regards,
    Rudi

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

That is probably not a Word 2000 problem, but a video problem. Try decreasing hardware acceleration a bit.

(Activate the Display Properties control panel, activate the Settings tab, click Advanced, activate the Troubleshoot tab, drag the Hardware acceleration slider to the left)

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Tx for that info!
    I'll give it a try!
    Regards,
    Rudi