Star Lounger
    Thanks

Distribition List (Outlook 2003)

I have created a distribution list and have had no problems with that. I then create a email to send to this distribution list. In the TO: field I add the distribution list that I created, when I send this email the recipients donn't see the distribution list name but they see all the email addresses in that distribution list. I want the recipients to only see the name of the distribition list and not the email address. I know that I use to be able to do this in the earlier versions of outlook. Does anyone know if this could still be done in Outlook 2003. Appreciate any comments. Thanks !!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Distribition List (Outlook 2003)

I think Outlook always expands a distribution list when it sends the e-mail. The distribution list is a personal setting, it doesn't exist on the recipient's PC.
    If you are on Exchange, the powers that be can define groups. If you send to a group, the recipients will see the group name.

Thanks

Re: Distribition List (Outlook 2003)

The "old way" to maintain anonymity with a distribution list is to put it in the BCC space and simply have your own address (perhaps with the distribution list as the display name) in the "to" space.