3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Firefox and IE problems? (Windows XP home sp2)

I decided to give Firefox a try after hearing my friends rave on about it. It did not download very well - lost the bookmarks that were supposed to be automatically copied, but weren't..
    I've had an olde rwebsite from Geocities for about 10 years, and using Firefox, even Yahoo can't find the website (Yahoo owns Geocities). I have a built in pop-up blocker, and anti-spam
    and virus and phising f rom my ISP plus AVG anti-virus. I'm wondering if there's some rule about using Yahoo and Google stuff on the Firefox browser that's causing the problem.
    I had all these things in Internet Explorer, and never had this problem with them. Other problems, but not this. Anyone know how different browsers reacto to each other in negative ways
    that could cause this kind of confusion? I'm thinking to give up and dump Firefox at this point. Thanks for past help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Firefox and IE problems? (Windows XP home sp2)

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to tell you much except that I'm running Fx 1.5.0.8 and was able to access your web page OK (the one listed in your Lounge profile). I can only recall one other Geocities web page of a friend and I have never had any trouble accessing it either.

Based on your statement about the download problem, I wonder if something got "slightly" damaged and maybe you should un-install Fx and try again. What "bookmarks" file did you mean when you said it got "lost" and are you sure? I don't think the installation process of Fx would DELETE any bookmarks file, but there could be a naming problem, i.e. bookmark vs. bookmarks or .htm vs .html

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Firefox and IE problems? (Windows XP home sp2)

Like any search engine, Yahoo's search results are generated by Yahoo's server, so they're browser-independent. What browser you're using won't affect what a Yahoo search will bring up.

To import your bookmarks from IE, do the following:
    - From the Bookmarks menu, select "Organize Bookmarks" involuntary shudder at the American spelling
    - In the resulting window, from the File menu, select "Import"
    - In the next window, select "Microsoft Internet Explorer" and click "Next".
    That's it! You should now have a new submenu in your bookmarks menu, called "Imported IE Favorites" another shudder or "From Internet Explorer", containing the results.
    Waggers
    If at first you do succeed, you've probably missed something.