tedfranklin

"Send Plain Text Only" Option Is Invisible?!

[img]/w3timages/icons/sad.gif[/img]For some unknown reason, the checkbox and text for the "Send Plain Text Only" option are missing from my Contact forms. When I "Design This Form" they appear but checking the properties reveals that the "visible" box is not checked. I check it and publish the revised form, but this modification just doesn't stick. All my other revisions to the Contacts form work just fine (displaying a different field on the general tab, for example; changing the size of textboxes, for example). I am using Outlook 2000 with Exchange Server. My Options setting is to send as HTML so it isn't some smart behavior by Outlook based on a global setting of "plain text" that forces the checkbox to be invisible. I've checked the MSFT knowledgebase. Any suggestions??

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: "Send Plain Text Only" Option Is Invisible?!

that option is a IMO mode only thingy - you are using corp mode so while it is on the forms (same in both modes) it's not availaible in corp.

tedfranklin

So it really was "the hand of God" sweeping aside my otherwise perfectly normal editing of the form. Thanks for the quick assist. Does this mean that if we have a few correspondents who can't handle anything but plain text, we have to set our default to plain text using Tools-Options, etc. Or is there another way to accomplish the same goal?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

for group mail, if one goes plain text, i thought all got plain text. (i don't use imo and can't test it)
    you can change the formatting on the fly - see format menu - you would have to remember to do it.
    other option is to set the server to send plain text to the net - i don't think it can be overridden though if you absoutely must send rtf (like to send forms defination)

most users can use html - and those who can't should get a plain text with html attachment - also stops the lovely winmail.dat problem - if you need ot use pretty formatting, its an option.

tedfranklin

What you say agrees with everything I'm picking up from other sources ... I think we will ask (force) all users to go with HTML as the default. "Plain text" is purest (messages are 1/8 the size, too), but it cramps creativity as well. Thanks for your help. We're just about to do some all-day training of our staff on all of this so I wanted to come up with a reasonable approach.