New Lounger
    Thanks

Meeting Request & MIME Headers (Outlook 2003)

Hello all,

I've recently upgraded from Office XP to Office 2003 - my main issues here is with Outlook 2003. I spend some time in clients offices and their employees send me meeting requests via Outlook (they're using 2003 as well and I assume they're using Exchange 2003). I'm receiving these requests through POP3.

Under my previous installation of Outlook XP meeting requests came through all ok (in as much I rec'd them without headers - I couldn't accept or refuse the invite). However, since I've moved to OL2003 the meeting request message comes through as a full plain text email with the headers and all sorts of info appearing in the email body (as do acceptances of my meeting requests to them).

Is this a known issue with OL03 or is there a setting I have to change in my OL setup? I've tried googling as many permutations of the problem as I can but can't seem to find an answer.

Should I post a scrubbed copy of an email as an attachement - would this help?

Cheers,

Stuart

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Re: Meeting Request & MIME Headers (Outlook 2003)

Check Tools | Options | Preferences | E-mail Options to see if 'Read all standard mail in plain text' is checked. Try unchecking it, closing Outlook, and restarting. Have someone send you a new meeting request.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the suggestion but it is already unchecked - the mystery remains I'm afraid?

Cheers,

Stuart

New Lounger
    Thanks

Ok, I've tested with a coupe of others including someone using OL2000 - these meeting requests are rec'd as expected with accept/decline etc functionality. This tends to suggest the problem is not at my end?

Would it simply be my clients setup of Exchange or their OL2003 setup on the workstation sending mail to me in plain text?

Cheers,

Stuarr

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Very well could be. You'll have to check with the Exchange admin.

Joe
    Joe