Star Lounger
    Thanks

PowerPoint Animation (Office 2003)

I'm remembering an article in the newsletter or something that quite possibly was printed back in 2002 or earlier. There was a tutorial on animations that involved clip art and moving something across the page. I'm not even sure it was on this site but could have been something I gleaned from elsewhere but I thought it was here. Does anyone remember such a thing from 4-6 years ago? It was a car or a person and it involved grouping the parts together and ungrouping them at some point and reversing them or something like that. My memory is good enough to remember the gist of it but not good enough to recreate it.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: PowerPoint Animation (Office 2003)

Hi

Is something like this anygood, I used the same picture over 6 slides in slightly different positions and applied timing of 0.01 seconds to all of the slides to give the impression of movement

Cheers

Steve
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Steve,
    Yes, that is the general idea. I was remembering something that worked very well and was similar to that. Perhaps few readers of this bulletin board go back that far or remember or maybe I found it somewhere else. Thanks. I like your proverb! J. P. Zinn

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

J.P.

In PowerPoint, there is an animation effect called Motion Paths. You can select 1 of several paths (straight line, draw a curve, etc.) and the object will follow it. Not sure if that does what you want. I don't recall if this was in PPT XP. So if you're remembering something from some years back, this may not have been it.

Fred