New Lounger
    Thanks

Printing on letterhead (2000 (w/SP3))

I have created a report in Access that is a 2 page mail merge letter. I am trying to print the first page on letterhead and the second page on blank paper. Does anyone know how to do this? I have tried page setup and printer setup and have had no luck.

Thanks,
    MMauk

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Printing on letterhead (2000 (w/SP3))

Hi Marj

Welcome to the Lounge. In a lot of modern printers you can go to the settings and state that the first page should go from , say , tray 1 which contains the letter head and all other pages to the other tray where the plain paper is kept....just checking have you tried this?
    Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks

That was one of the first things I tried. However, it literally prints the first page on letterhead and all the rest on plain. What I really need is all odd pages on letterhead and even on plain. This would put each letter on the letterhead and each "2nd" page on the plain paper.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If your printer doesn't have a setting to print odd pages from one tray and even pages from another tray, it gets rather hairy, since printer control in Access 2000 is rather primitive. You'd have to adapt the code from MSKB article ACC2000: How to Print a Report to Different Paper Trays to print each page separately. Unfortunately, this also means that you'll have as many print jobs as there are pages.

I don't know if it's feasible, but it might be better to design the mail merge letter in Word with Access as data source. Word has an option to print all odd pages in one job, and all even pages in another job.