Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Express after IE7 (IE7 & OE6)

Since downloading IE7, when we send emails using Outlook Express 6 ( WXPSP2) & attach jpg pictures, the email prints the message in minute typeface at top left, minus the To & From headers, whilst centering the wretched picture (which is irrelevant because it's there in the attachment, when required). Only happens with picture attachments, xls & ppt OK in terms of printing the message element.

Has to be something to do with IE7 ...?

With IE6 & Outlook Expr 6, emails with picture attachments used to print part of the attached picture as well, but at least the message element printed correctly.

Anyone else had this problem, plse?

Thanks

Re: Outlook Express after IE7 (IE7 & OE6)

I don't use IE7, but I understand it has some kind of "zoom" (for viewing) and "shrink to fit" (for printing) features. Can you experiment with those and see whether either is affecting OE?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Nor, to my utter amazement, apparently does the Microsoft Help Desk in India ... I used one of my free 'helps' to ask about this problem ...sent photo attachment as requested, but Help Desk lady said she couldn't print it, using IE7, because "we don't have IE7 on our central machine yet ..." and then she started suggesting that I uninstall IE7 & start again, etc, etc

Luckily, I was able to tell her that I had since received a work-around from the Microsoft IE Community moderator, as follows: whenever you need to print an email which has a photo attachment - if you're using IE7 with OE6 - change the Read tab in Tools to Read All Messages in Plain Text ...it's a nuisance, having to do it every time, but at least it means we can see what our clients have written, along with their technical photos, etc

Hey, ho

Thanks

Thanks for posting the workaround.