2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Uninstall MSIE (unknown)

I have a custom version of MSIE, unable to determine the version. The custom version is from my cable company and I do not use any special features unique to that release. I want to uninstall it and install generic MSIE. One reason is, after unrelated tinkering lately, the home page of the browser is blank and the URL says
    http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx
    The tab says "Customize your settings." Please, I hope no one asks a million qualifying questions, bottom line is I want this thing gone and I'm fine installing a new one. Control Panel Add/Remove does not list this.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Uninstall MSIE (unknown)

You can't just uninstall Internet Explorer, since it is an integral part of Windows. You can, however, reinstall it. See How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP for instructions on how to do this in Windows XP.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

How about uninstalling the custom aspect of this version of MSIE? For some reason I am getting this old custom version coming up instead of the version I've been using (maybe 6). I do not need a custom version from my cable company. The link you gave me was incredibly complicated and had links to another home page with about 100 possible updates for the entire XP system. Which I don't need. This is an old program that somehow got released from the crypt and is walking around terrorizing me now. I want it gone, banished, out.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It depends: if the customizations are part of the core files of Internet Explorer, reinstalling is the only way to get rid of them. If they are only superficial, such as the caption of the title bar of the IE window, they might be removed. But not knowing how your version is customized, I have no way to tell what is possible and what isn't.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Here are some problems. Yahoo Mail (beta version), some hyperlinks don't work, such as EMPTY for the spam folder or DELETE for each individual spam folder message. also, when trying to determine the VERSION under HELP menu, that does not work. I despise Microsoft's embedding this horrid program in its operating system. Thanks for any more help you can give.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I was going to suggest that you use FireFox, but a quick Google search turns up lots of problems when using Yahoo Mail on FireFox, so that may not be the best solution for you. I hope someone else can help you with these problems.