4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Weekly Manning Schedule (2003/SP2)

We use Excel to create a Weekly Manning Schedule. It has been used here for a long time. It has it's problems but it does work. Among the problems are that it seems to be constantly changing, so several people need to have access to it at the same time, which is a problem with Excel. Also, it cannot generate any type of reporting or keep track of absences and vacations. I have attached a fairly simplified version here, to see what it is.
    What I would like to do is to have it set up in Access. I have searched this forum and others trying to find an example, no sense re-inventing the wheel, if it is already out there, and I haven't really found any. Maybe this type of thing is more complicated than I think it is. If anyone has any examples, I would sure like to take a look. Thanks.

Thanks

Re: Weekly Manning Schedule (2003/SP2)

Don,

You could do this in access but have you considered MS Project. You can set up shifts, personnel, calendars, etc., and then assign them daily accordingly. Project has built in reports that my help you as well.

HTH
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)