JaneBurges

Analyze Documenter (2000 SR-1)

Access 97 provided the ability to save the report generated by the TOOLS, Analyze, Documenter feature as a table (FILE Menu). Access 2000 seems allows one to Export the report in Excel format. We used the resulting table in Access 97 as the basis for a database providing excellent reference tools for users of a complex database. Does anyone know how to end up with an Access Table from the use of Analyze, Documenter in 2000?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Analyze Documenter (2000 SR-1)

That doesn't appear to be an available option in Access 2000, but you could save it to Excel and then import it back in from there.
    Charlotte

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

I'm not sure if this will fit your needs, but I wrote a little database to document other databases. I didn't like the information the Access analyzer reported (either too much or too little), so my Documentor allows you to select a database, then report the details of selected tables in that database. It does this by bringing the information into a table first, so you could expand this table to fit your own needs. Just follow the Compuserve link below, then check the library 5 (Access code/macros) for Document.mdb (it was supposed to be Documentor.mdb, but I forgot about the 8-character filename limit!).
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

Lounger
    Thanks

Mark,

Compuserve will not let me download the file document.mdb as a guest. Can it be downloaded from anywhere else?

Dick

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

You can download it from my website http://www.liquorman.net/tips.html. It is an Access97 database, you so will have to let Access convert it to Access2000. Also, you may have to remove the Reference to the CustomDialog ActiveX control.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you.