Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Missing Form (VB6)

One of the forms in a recent project has suddenly changed such that the program doesn't recognize it when I try to open. I notice in the Project Explorer window the symbol next to that form has changed to something I don't recognize. I've attached a picture of that part of Project Explorer where the frmLetters... has a different symbol. Can anyone explain what that symbol means. Also, the form does exist as I can open and edit it in VB6, it just won't open when I run the program.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Missing Form (VB6)

It has become an MDI child form - apparently the MDIChild property has been set to True. If you set it to False, things should return to normal.

Explanation: the default VB6 application is an SDI (Single Document Interface) application, where each window is separate. You can also create MDI (Multiple Document Interface) applications, where a main form can contain several child windows (an example is Access, where many windows can live within the Access application window).

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Missing Form (VB6)

Thanks Hans. I don't know how MDI got set to True (obviously I did it at one point), but now it's OK.