Lounger
    Thanks

Size of text in Outlook mail (XP Pro SP2 all patch

Hi. I put all my patches on this week, including IE 7, and have discovered immediately thereafter that I cannot adjust the size of the text as before in an e-mail. Before, it was easy to use the mouse wheel plus Ctrl to increase or reduce the size of the text in opened mail, or mail in the reading (preview pane) for Outlook. Now, however, after the patches, this function is gone. It still works in Word and in Firefox (and on this page). Any tips? I am using Outlook 2003 with the latest Microsoft Intellimouse.

Thanks. David Bean in England

Thanks

Re: Size of text in Outlook mail (XP Pro SP2 all p

I haven't installed IE7, but I assume the feature that lets you change text size still exists and can be used in Outlook.

First, does it work in IE7 itself? If not, hmmm, what's up with that?

Second, in Outlook, can you check that the text size commands are functional:

* When an HTML-format message is open, you should have a View menu with a Text Size fly-out menu with 5 size choices. Do they work?
    * When you right-click in the thin gray (mine's gray) border area next to an HTML-format message in the reading pane, do you get the same Text Size fly-out menu functionality?

If the menus work, we just need to figure out how it become disconnected from the handy shortcut. There might be some help on this on our IE board or on other forums. If the menus don't work, then we have a deeper problem...

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Size of text in Outlook mail (XP Pro SP2 all p

That's a great answer, Jeff. You've solved my problem. Here's the answers to your questions:

I did install IE 7 along with the other patches, and the mouse wheel with Ctrl does increase and decrease the size of the text on the browser screen.

* When an HTML-format message is open, you should have a View menu with a Text Size fly-out menu with 5 size choices. Do they work?
    YES, THEY DO WORK.
    * When you right-click in the thin gray (mine's gray) border area next to an HTML-format message in the reading pane, do you get the same Text Size fly-out menu functionality?
    YES, I GET IT. I NEVER KNEW ABOUT THIS COMMAND. When I set it to "Largest" text size, for example, it accordingly changes the text size for ALL mails I have received in my reading pane.

This is just what I need, Jeff. At my age, this is a boon for my weak eyes.

Great help. Sure wish all problems could be solved this fast and sweet.

Have been using IE 7 since yesterday, and it is great.

Thanks again! David, in Lincolnshire