3 Star Lounger

Testing for Office Products (Office 97/2000)

Hi all. Sorry to post this here - but I wasn't terribly sure which, if any, category this would fit under. We are looking at creating an in-house certification program at our company. Classes, materials and training would be done in-house. Classes would be 1-2 hours in length, and some examples include: "Word: Tables," "Word: Styles," "Outlook: Attachments" - just basic courses to get our users proficient in the features of some of these programs. The problem is - we would like them to take tests once they've gotten through a class to make sure they are proficient in the subjects. Something like the way you take MOUS tests to make sure you are proficient in Office products, only these tests would be much more narrow in scope, etc. And since these are hands-on computer classes, then hands-on computer tests would make the most sense. However we're not sure how to create something like this. My question to you guys is: do you know of any online testing center, where the tests can be someone customized, that we can use? Or is there a testing software that might meet our demands? Or do you recommend a certain way of creating tests that may have illuded us? To resort to a pen and paper, multiple choice test for computer skills would be absurd. And for some reason we can't seem to come up with anything. Thanks for your input.

4 Star Lounger
    Bismarck, ND, USA

Re: Testing for Office Products (Office 97/2000)

Here is a website you might be interested in: <A target="_blank" HREF=>Global Knowledge</A>.

I have used CustomDoc quite extensively for customizing courseware to meet specific training needs. If your testing is going to be Hands-On, you could use the practice exercises as the tests. They can be customized, too.