Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Conditional formatting

A field on one of my reports has one possible value that is an exact duplicate of a possible value in an adjacent field. Certain records display the value "Contractor" side-by-side in adjacent columns. Just looks weird, y'know. I'd like to use conditional formatting to make the field invisible whenever the value is "Contractor." I've tried writing an expression in the conditional formatting box, but it's not working. The expression reads

<font face="Georgia"> IIf([PositionID]=37,[Visible]=True,[Visible]=False)</font face=georgia>

The number 37 is the PositionID (AutoNumber). I've tried using the word "Contractor" instead of the PositionID number, but neither works. I don't write enough expressions to be real handy with this stuff. What's the solution, please. Thanks!

Thanks

Re: Conditional formatting

It might just be easier to change the dataset feeding the report. You could go into design mode of the report and then select properties, data source. In the data source, change the report criteria to do what you want. For example, if your data source was a query, then use an If statement on the field you do not want to see. Something like

IIf([Field2] = [Field1],"",[Field2[) on the data source would make the second field appear to be empty if it equals the first field.

You cant turn the control on the report invisible in your case as some data would instruct the control to be visible and other data invisible. Change the data instead that feeds the report.

HTH - I am sure there are other ways to do this as well.
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

I use something like this in Report Detail_Format section

If IsNull(strBusinessNameA) Then
    lblBusinessName.Visible = False
    Else
    lblBusinessName.Visible = True
    End If

HTH, John

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Oo-o-o...that looks promising! Thanks for the tip! I'll try it after the Thanksgiving holiday.