Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Copying a WAB to another PC (OE5 - yes!)

In an approximate rerun of what I was doing a couple of weeks ago*, I had to move the Outlook Express 5 DBXs and a WAB from one Windows 98 SE PC to a somewhat newer Windows 98 SE PC. The message files worked fine, but the WAB, even when put in the same Main Identity's directory as another WAB, didn't bring up the expected Contacts with names and email addresses, and I didn't have any more time to do any playing.

Am I right in saying that all I need to do is to do Tools -> Address Book, and in the Address Book window do File -> Import -> Address Book (WAB) - and the contacts will magically appear?

(To those who say, "Why don't you try it?", I would say that the PCs are at a playgroup miles away from work, and I'd like to get it right when I occur there next time! Someone has probably done this sort of thing before.)

Thanks

John

*which was with two XP laptops, and I had no trouble with the contacts/address book then -- once I'd managed to find it !
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Copying a WAB to another PC (OE5 - yes!)

>Am I right in saying that all I need to do is to do Tools -> Address Book, and in the Address Book window do File -> Import -> Address Book (WAB) - and the contacts will magically appear?

My memory is that is all that is required.

Admittedly, it has been some years since I operated in the circumstances you mention.

HTH
    Gre