Thanks

Hide Columns (MSO2003)

I have a spreadsheet that I call "Dealer Quote Generator" I have created 2 seperate workbooks with exactly all of the same information in each, however in "book2" I have 2 extra columns that show what the resellers earn. The re-sellers are different from dealers. I would like to have all of this information in one workbook, but I cannot have the dealers seeing what the re-sellers are making on the equipment and or airtime services.
    As I see it I have three choices:
    1: Keep two workbooks, 2: Group and outline then password protect, or 3: Hide columns and then password protect. The problem with password protecting is that also in the workbook are the sheets that are all ready hidden that show the manufacture's COG's etc. and that is confidential.
    Is there a macro that I could use to cover and or uncover those two columns? or is there some other alternative way to do this.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hide Columns (MSO2003)

The problem with hiding the columns is that someone determined enough can probably find a way to unhide them (Excel passwords are easily cracked).

Perhaps a better approach is to use the complete workbook, and to have a macro that deletes the two extra columns and then saves a copy of the workbook (using the ActiveWorkbook.SaveCopyAs method).

Thanks

Re: Hide Columns (MSO2003)

Thanks Hans. I think that I will just send out the dealerworkbook to the dealers, and leave it at that.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)