2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Photo montage (access 2003)

I have a form which displays a photo which is referenced in a table. I would like to create a second form with multiple pictures. The ID for these pictures would come from a second (appointments) table. For example, a query would return all appointments for today including the clientID. I would then use the generated clientIDs to populate a form with multiple images. (I can scroll through the photo form but I would like an individual and contemporaneous photo for each clientID.

nebbia

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Photo montage (access 2003)

Sorry, but what is the question?
    Regards
    John

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have an appointments table. By querying the table I get a list of todays appointments; first and last name and clientID. I would like to take the clientIDs, for the days appointments, and create a montage ( a multiple image form) of each clients picture. Four appointments today=4 pictures displayed. I haven't been able to figure out how to display each client and their photo as a separate image. (It would be OK if the form had room for a fixed number of images some of which may be blank if there are not enough appointments). I hope that is somewhat clearer.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You could create a continuous subform for the photos. The record source for the subform would be a query that contains both the appointment data and the picture info. Place the subform on the main form and link them through the appointment date.

Also see the thread starting at <post:=282,808>post 282,808</post:>, there are several posts with sample databases attached.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry it has taken so long to reply.
    I may be missing something. Doing it the way you suggest my subform displays 'only one' picture at a time. I would like the pictures of all appointments for the day to be displayed at the same time.

Thanks
    nebbia

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

A continuous subform can display multiple records at once.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm still not able to find the problem. Despite being able to display all the photos individually I can not get the form to display multiple different images. I've included a sample database

nebbia

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Ah yes, a continuous form can only display different items in bound controls, not in unbound controls; I should have remembered that.

The attached doesn't do quite what you want, but hopefully you can build on it. It uses unbound controls to display a series of images. It is based on the work done by Dave Willett and me in the thread I referred to higher up in this thread.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

It is very close to what I was looking for. With some simple modifications it will work fine.

Thanks as always

nebbia