Super Moderator
    Thanks

Printing One Off Labels (2002 SP3)

First, my humble apologies for my prolonged absence from the Lounge - I've been buried in problems and new requirements.

I've been trying to find a workaround for a perplexing problem where a client wants to print somewhere between 1 and 4 labels on demand on a Citizen GSX190 printer. They would like to do that by simply clicking a print button the number of times required. The printer does print a label, but then it does a Top Of Form because Access insists that the page size be one of about 5 choices, none of which is an even multiple of the label size - labels are 1.5 inches. German Standard Fanfold seems to come the closest, as it appears to be about 10.5 inches, but at the moment, if someone tries to print 3 copies of a label, it prints on the first one, skips 6, prints the second one, skips 6 more, prints the third, and then skips 6 more so it is at the top of form.

We've tried various solutions, such as telling Access it is a continuous form where there is no need to do form feeds, but nothing so far seems to work. I suspect the issue is a combination of the print driver for that printer, and the fact the Access seems to insist on having a page size, and there is no easy way to create a custom paper size. Any suggestions or workarounds any one has come up with would be much appreciated.
    Wendell

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Printing One Off Labels (2002 SP3)

Does MSKB article How to skip used mailing labels and print duplicates in Access 2002 help? It takes a slightly different approach.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Printing One Off Labels (2002 SP3)

It looks like it just might do the job. I'll may revise the code to eliminate the prompt for number of labels, and just always print one if it works well. Or I may just leave it there and let them enter the quantity they need. Thanks very much - I guess my search of the knowledge base was focusing on the wrong keywords!
    Wendell